The Assistive Technologies Pod is a dedicated space that contains hardware and software aid for visually impaired users. Use of the Pod is on a first-come-first-served basis for users with special needs.
To use the Pod, approach the Service Point. You will be issued a key card to enter this room.
- Laptop (Windows 7)
- Large Screen Computer Monitor
- Large-Print Keyboard and Mouse
- Visualiser (Print magnifier)
- Flat Screen TV
- Narrator (screen reader)
- Magnifier (screen magnifier)
- NaturalReader (text-to-speech software)
- Window-Eyes (screen reader and text-to-speech software)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro X (PDF convertor with optical character recognition technology that can convert scanned documents to PDFs)
More information about the software provided can be found here.